3 C flour
1 3/4 C granulated sugar
1 T baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 C vegetable oil
1/3 C apple or orange juice
2 t vanilla
4 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/3 C granulated sugar
2 t cinnamon
icing sugar, optional
- preheat oven to 350 F
- grease and flour a 10" (4 L) tube pan
- Combine first four dry ingredients
- Beat eggs, oil, juice and vanilla in large bowl
- add dry ingredients, beating until smooth (batter will be stiff)
- toss apple slices with sugar and cinnamon
- spread 1/3 of batter in prepared pan, cover with half of apples. Repeat layers. Spread remaining 1/3 of batter on top.
- Bake in centre of oven for 70 - 75 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes in pan then remove the rack and cool completely.
- If desired, dust with icing sugar before serving.