2 chicken breasts
2 slices ham (lunch meat is fine)
2 small pieces of Swiss cheese (cut about the size of a piece of Lego)
1/2 C flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 C Panko bread crumbs
Pinch of pepper
- Prepare three bowls: Put the flour in the first bowl, egg in the second, and bread crumbs and seasonings in the third. Line them up in this order on your preparation surface.
- One at a time, place each chicken breast in a resealable bag and pound to approximately 1/4 thickness. A rolling pin works wonders for this step.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the flour bowl.
- Lay the floured chicken breast on a cutting board and place one slice of ham on top.
- Place the brick of Swiss cheese on top of the ham and wrap the ham around the cheese as best you can (like a little burrito with the ends tucked in. This will help contain the cheese once it melts).
- Wrap the chicken breast around the ham and cheese. Try to tuck the ends in a little bit.
- Carefully roll the chicken in the egg wash until completely coated.
- Carefully roll the chicken in the bread crumbs.
- Place the coated chicken in a hot skillet, seam side down. Heat until the bottom is golden brown. This step will help ensure your chicken stays wrapped up in a neat and tidy bundle.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven proof pan and bake at 350 F for about 35 minutes.